Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hungry For Attention

Everyone is in need of some type of attention.  The ways people get attention obviously vary depending on the person.  Richard did light his house on fire, but it wasn't intended to hurt anyone.  When you are a young kid all you want is attention.  For example,  when my younger sister was born I wouldn't even look at my mom because my sister was getting all her attention.  As people we thrive off attention. First place in a competition would be pointless if the winners didn't get recognition.  I remember as a kid I was always trying to impress someone, rather it be myself, my parents, teacher, or anyone that cared.  So to get back to Richard, he is not alone in his hunger for attention.  Attention is almost secondhand nature to most people.  This is unfortunate in a way though because with attention comes people that only do things when they get attention.  This is sad because then the people that are "behind the scenes" go unnoticed.  So for all of us that are attention cravers we must remember all those who aren't like us and do things that go unnoticed.  Richard isn't one to stay out of the lime light so he needs that constant attention to maintain his lifestyle.  Richard is not alone in his hunger for attention it is human nature to want to be noticed and only we can control our need for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment